Monday, December 15, 2008

Expensive Dissapointments

Well, my son has been sick lately. Two months ago he started smelling bad and had a rash on his bottom. I did what I knew to do, strip my diapers, put medicine on him, change him often, and read the boards on my yahoo groups. I just thought it was a yeast rash again but it just got worse. I took him to the Dr. and he said it was a Staff infection! yikes! So I bleached my diapers since I have 3 kids in them and kept separate the ones I used on him. He went through antibiotics and a topical cream. ($75 worth of medicine and co-pay)
I called back a week after he finished his medicine and said he still smelled (he was still waking up in the middle of the night too and that is NOT like him to have to sleep with us) and they said they don't give a follow up of antibiotics that I probably just needed to keep putting the topical cream on him but if he gets worse to bring him in.
It is now two weeks after that and I called and make an appointment... Today was my 3yo daughters first Christmas play.. and I had to miss it! I mean sure she probably just stood there looking around not singing but still. I know she knows the songs since she runs around the house singing them. She probably also saw all the other kids' parents. *sighs*
Turns out my son has a double ear infection and a sinus infection that has also spread to his mouth and it now has sores in it. He smells like a foot with fungus and has now for 2 or more months. I really hope he gets completely better now because this time.. the bill was even higher ($120+ missing a priceless moment with my daughter)
The company my husband works for was bought out nearly a year ago now and it changed our insurance for the worse... it has been a big pain this year. I don't know if I should go to her Christmas party because I'd have to bring my other two kids and with Ty being sick plus they'll have food and exchange gifts which he would not like being left out in... I just want to cry myself to sleep.

But to end on a positive note... I should get my Crickett's diapers in today... yeah don't know if that really is going to cheer me up.

Oh and Tyler threw a fit the entire time we were at the Dr. office. He did not want to be weighed or his ears checked. I had to hold him down and he kicked the Dr. in the knee... Thankfully he just kind of laughed/ignored it.

No comments: