Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Try Something New Tuesday"

I don't know how to cook and grew up a finicky eater. So, I'm pretty much started from ground zero.. you know the 'it comes in a box' part? LOL So in light of trying to eat better for my kids and saving money (I can hear my husband in my head chanting "save money, save money") I'm learning to cook. My kids love granola bars and I enjoy having something quick to grab for those church mornings or quick breakfasts before taking Alyssa to PreK. I found this recipe at Joyful Abode
there is another great looking one that uses soaking the grains at Passionate Homemaking.
I have just learned how to use RSS feeds and am definately enjoying getting all these updates on one page! Anyways here is a pic of my granola cooling...
And another of my little helper that got up the pieces mommy let hit the floor "OOH you're making a mess mommy, daddy's not going to be mad!" lol.


Update: I have now tasted some and do like it though it turned out a bit crumbly. I don't really like the mixed berries dried fruit I put in it but love the almonds, peanut, sunflower seeds, and oats. I tried uncooked oats the other day and didn't mind some of them raw. I know weird. I'm still not sure if kids and DH will like them though.

1 comment:

Katidids said...

That looks great! The kids will like it if you tell them they do! When ever I give isaiah some thing new I tease him & say things like well, last time you ate it all & we had none! Works like a charm. Looks like you have a great helper there! I need her at my house!