Wednesday, August 11, 2010

a first

Today was the first time I took one of my kids to 'real' school. I didn't cry. I didn't panic. Thankfully, I had help too! I needed to walk Alyssa in today and it would have been much harder if I didn't have Jennifer to sit with the other two so I could peacefully do so.

I arrived at the school early and they had all the K5-3rd grade sitting in the gym in a line. Alyssa was starting to squeeze my hand tightly so I told her we would go to the office first then come back. After dropping some paper work at the office they were still sitting in a line. I tried to coax her to join the other 40+ K5 students sitting all indian style (or criss cross apple sauce as Alyssa says) on the floor but she wouldn't budge, not even long enough for a photo.
IMAG0105

Soon a teacher came and told the last kid they were now the line leader. Alyssa loves to be the line leader when we go somewhere (yes I have enough kids to do a line lol). She literally clung to my leg. I was hoping there wouldn't be a meltdown here soon. But as we got to the class I think she loosened up a bit.
IMAG0109

Every student had their picture taken at this wall so that by the end of the year we could see how much they have grown. :)

IMAG0109

She remembered where her seat was from when we came on orientation.

SL382476

I have to pick her up and drop her off since we are less than 2 miles from the school. I can't wait to hear about her day and I am hoping she loves it and will be less scared tomorrow. Next week, I have to drop her off at the door!

Also next week is Tyler's turn for a 1st...... 3K!

No comments: