Thursday, November 12, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

This week for TILT I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes that I happen to be making today.


Sausage Balls



Ingredients:
ingredientsball

1lb of Jimmy Dean's Mild Sausage

2 1/2 cups of Pioneer Baking Mix

1/2-1cup of fancy shredded cheese depending on your tastes

I always make a double batch or they won't last long. :)


Combine ingredients in a large bowl & mix thoroughly with your hands. Don't forget to take off all jewelry and if you have any cuts, or just don't want to touch raw meat, then use gloves. I use a closed fist and punching motion then fold it over & start again to mix all the flour in. It should look like this.
mixedball

After the ingredients are mixed preheat your oven to 375 F .
On a cookie sheet roll the dough in to 1-1.5" balls and spread evenly not touching.
Alyssa helped me roll them in to balls so this would be a great part to get your kids involved in.
1inballs
(This is all the counter space I have to work on. A whole 12" unless I use the table.)
Cook for 18-20 minutes.
To test if they are done, poke them with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then they are done.

They are more like a thick meaty bread by the time you eat them and are very delicious.
finishedballs

I haven't tried it yet (we always eat them all) but I believe this would be great to freeze and cook for a no prep breakfast or at least an addition to one!

5 comments:

Ann Marie said...

How funny! I made biscuits with sausage and gravy this evening! :)

I definitely plan on trying this!! I'm all about recipes with only 3 ingredients! Thanks for sharing!

Jodi Davis said...

Those sound delicious!

Katidids said...

Those look great I havn't made them for a long time. They make great party snacks also. I have them made up & freeze...just pop a tray in the oven as needed..but your right, they never last long before they are eaten right up!

Ann Marie said...

I've included this in my Friday Favorites post!

thediaperdiaries said...

I made these for a MOPS brunch last year and they were AMAZING!! I could not stop eating them though and feared I would polish off the whole plate :)